Marjan HORVAT (1978), Researcher, Assistant
- 2016 – PhD (Interdisciplinary doctoral programme in the humanities and social sciences: European studies), Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2010 – MA (Sociology of culture), Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2003 – BA (Comparative literature and Sociology of culture), Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2010 – program “Economic and political Reporting from Southeast Europe” (London / Brussels and Frankfurt / Berlin), Robert Bosch Stiftung and Thomas Reuters Foundation
- Active: English, Croatian, Serbian. Passive: German
- 2020 – research fellow, assistant
- 2020 – researcher, assistant at Institute IRRIS for Research, Development and Strategies of Society, Culture and Environment, Koper
- 2009 – 2020; journalist with Slovenian weekly Mladina
- 2003 – 2005; journalist with weekly Slovenska Panorama
- Horvat, Marjan (2019): »The European union as a sociological problem: from teleological integration to methodological pluralism in the study of European integration.« Teorija in Praksa. Jul 2019, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p547-564. Ljubljana: Faculty of Social Sciences (University of Ljubljana)
- Horvat, Marjan (2010): European identities in the processes of globalization. Ljubljana: Ljubljana University Press, Faculty of Arts.
Horvat, Marjan (2019) “Verification of social sciences findings in journalistic practices”. Symposium: Sociology in practice. Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana. 8. 10. 2019.
- 2020: member, Cultural memory of Slovene Nation and State Building, Slovenian Research Agency
Sociology of European integration, Sociology of ethno-nationalism, Sociology of globalization, Sociology of media and communication, Sociology of literature