Main topics of research
Folklore; construction of identity and otherness; relationship between archaeology, folklore, and collective memory; Slovenian nationalism in the 19th century; religiosity; cultural heritage; tourism
- 2016 PhD at the Department of Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana
- 2014 B.A. at the Department of Archaeology, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana
- 2010 B.A.s at the Department of History and the Department of Library and Information Science, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana
- 2017 National Certificate – Museum Curator (Ministry of Culture, Slovenia)
- 2017 Professional Administrative Procedure Exam (Ministry of Public Administration, Slovenia)
- 2011 Pedagogical and Andragogical Education – Consecutive Teacher Education Programme
- 2022– researcher at the Institute IRRIS
- 2021– researcher at the Faculty of Tourism, University of Maribor
- 2018 librarian at the National and University Library of Slovenia
- 2022 – assistant for the field of Tourism, University of Maribor
Select research publications
- MLAKAR, Anja. The role of religion in legends about Turkish attacks. Acta Histriae. [Tiskana izd.]. 2021, 29(3), pg. 273-300.
- MLAKAR, Anja. Med selekcijo in molkom: folklora v Novicah v času Bleiweisovega urednikovanja. In: STANONIK, Marija (ed.), et al. Janez Bleiweis, Novice in modernizacija slovenske družbe. Ljubljana: Slovenska akademija znanosti in umetnosti, 2021. Pg. 191-210.
- MLAKAR, Anja. Krvoločni osvajalci in hudičevi vojaki: “Turki” kot “barbari” v ideoloških diskurzih in slovenski folklori. Studia mythologica Slavica. 2014, 17, pg. 221-242.
- 2022- part of the research team at the Faculty of Tourism for the Erasmus + project »Recovery Tourism after Natural disaster (ReTourn)«
- 2022- part of the research team at the Faculty of Tourism for the Erasmus + project »Creating and Implementing Education for Sustainable High-End Tourism throughout Europe (SUHET)«
- 2021–2022 part of the research team at the Faculty of Tourism for the Interreg Mediterranean project »Beyond European Sustainable Tourism MED Path (BEST MED)«
- 2020 – MAECI (Ministero degli Affari Esteri e della Cooperazione Internazionale, Italija), research scholarship at the University of Udine, Italy
- 2019 – National Scholarship Program of the Slovak Republic, research scholarship at the Faculty of Arts, Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia
- 2019 – MAECI research scholarship at the University of Udine, Italy
- 1 monograph
- 4 published research articles
- 2 published papers at a conference
- 4 guest lectures at different faculties
- participation in international conferences.